Cabin History This is a post card most likely from the 1930’s. It advertises Buckhorn Cabin when it was one of the rental units for the Musky Inn Resort. The cabin was constructed using vertical logs for the exterior walls. About 15 years ago the cabin was covered with foam insulating sheets then siding for year around comfort. Musky Inn as it appeared in 1908. This was the main lodge of the resort which Buckhorn Cabin is part of. The resort is now Deer Run Resort and each cabin, including Musky Inn, is individually owned. This postcard shows the lakefront for the Musky Inn, now Deer Run Resort, dated 1919. At that time the area was considered part of Sayner, WI. This is a photo of Four Mile Road now known as State Highway 155. The turn to Big St. Germain Drive is to the right at the bottom of the hill in the distance. It’s improved a bit. Be careful after dark as it becomes well traveled by deer. This is the connecting stream between Big St. Germain Lake and Lake Content around 1905. This was later enlarged into a passage allowing modern boats to navigate. This is the Train Depot in Sayner, just north on Hwy. 155, and was the drop off point for early visitors to Musky Inn Resort. The resort was originally considered Sayner for the address. This postcard shows the road to Musky Inn that’s dated 1925. Thankfully, the current drive is much better. This 1919 postcard shows what are now cabins 7, closest, and cabin 6. Each has been added onto over the years. You can also see a part of the main lodge.